Thursday, March 15, 2012

Benjamin Franklin,George Washington and Abraham Lincoln Reports by Second Graders


After studying about the presidents, I decided to teach the students about another important non-president figure.  We read Now and Ben in our reading books.  We made an anchor chart of Benjamin Franklin Facts and then the kids used my premade template to create his head.



This is an example of one of my students finished reports.


George Washington Writing


                                                         Abraham Lincoln Writing
Abraham Lincoln
 These are the reports that my students wrote about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

7 comments:

  1. I adore the Ben Franklin writing project! So cute!

    MOORE Fun In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesa -
    I love these, very creative! I just found you and am your newest follower. My last name is Moore too. I teach first in CA.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Ben Franklins! Our last reading story is about him. Would you mind sharing the pattern?

    Martha-Carol

    MCarpenter@scsk12.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled upon this blog post... so glad you liked my presidents crafts!! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a copy of the Benjamin Franklin Template
    meghanfaygalvin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete